Let’s talk about the budget of your studying.
I’m going to give you some tips to save up your money, as you prepare your trip to the United States.
The first and probably the easiest way to earn money are by scholarships. Fortunately for you, MiraCosta College offers a lot of scholarships which are available every semester. However, the best part of it is that it is very easy to apply for it.
* Have to mention that scholarship available for currently enrolled students only.
The second way to reduce your expenses is by getting a job on campus.
- I was personally lucky to get two jobs on campus. My first was to be blogger for the international student’s office and the second one was to work at the library at the circulation desk.
* The application process and job I will describe in my next blog.
The other following tips might help you to cover a few of your expenses.
- The “Textbook Loan Program” can help you to get one free book per semester which can be huge money saving. (One book can be more than $300.)
- Renting books instead of buying them. You can try to rent your books from “amazon”, “chegg” or even the bookstore at MiraCosta College.
- Another tips for books would be to check at the beginning of the semester, the book your teacher is asking you to buy and check at the library if they have it on reserve so you can borrow them for their and save money.
- As international student you are offered to use the college insurance. However, it is just an offer but not an obligation to purchase this insurance. You can research options for health insurance to meet your need.
See you soon.