In my previous blog, I talked about my current classes.
Today, I will show you the style of some of these classes. Because before I take classes, I research about professors a lot using Rate My Professor, all of our professors are really nice. I strongly recommend to use this site!
Economic 101 (Professor Frederica Carr)
- 10 REQUIRED ASSIGNMENTS…For each class topic, we have to complete one assignment. Because this is more difficult than exams, you will spend much time to complete. You have to answer some questions and problems. However, if you understand all the questions, I bet you will get good grade on your tests. (50 points)
- 10 OPTIONAL ASSIGNMENT…There are a total of 10 Optional Assignments (worth 5 points each) and 15 online quizzes. This totals 25 assignments. I can choose to complete 10 of them, whatever ones I want. (50 points)
- GROUP PROJECT…There are many kinds of topics related to economic. You need to choose one topic with your group members. You have to complete a four-part paper and do a presentation in the class. Paper is worth 80 points and the presentation is worth 20 points. (100 points)
- 6 TESTS…We have six in-class tests. The questions are many types; multiple choice, problems, making a graph, and essays. As I mentioned above, if you understand you assignments, you will get good grade on the tests. Also, only the best four tests will be counted towards your grade. Each tests are worth 50 points. (200 points)
- FINAL EXAM…There are two separate parts. The first part will be comprehensive and will only count for 6 points. The second part will be similar to 6 tests. This part of the final exam will be semi comprehensive. The second part of the final exam counts for 94 points. (100 points)
- EXTRA CREDIT…There are some extra credit opportunities. To get these, the important thing is attending class.
Business 140 (Professor Lou Milstein)
- ESSAYS…Each essays are worth 50 points. We have nine choices of topics. You can choose your topic. It is required to research the topic and cite three resources and go to writing center. If you meet these condition, you might get full points. Professor does not accept any late submission. (150 points)
- EXAMS…We have four exams and each worth 100 points. One week before the tests, the professor gives us a study guide. If you study the study guide hard, you will get a good grade. All questions are essay style. It includes definition of the words, examples, and so on. We do not have final exam. Instead of that, if you miss one of the exams or you want to retake one exams, you can take these on the final week. (400 points)
- NO EXTRA CREDIT AND NO ATTENDANCE POINTS